With virtual primary care, you can get ongoing care from a personal doctor via phone or video. This benefit:
- Is personal to you. Receive ongoing care from a doctor who will get to know your personal and family health history, as well as your unique goals and needs.
- Saves you time. There's no need to commute or sit in a waiting room. Your doctor will show up on time and you'll have up to 30 minutes for your visit.
- Saves you money. Most of our members have virtual primary care for FREE through their employer. But those who do have a visit fee save money, too, because they take less time off work – think: half an hour instead of half a day – and don’t have to pay for gas, parking, childcare or other expenses to get to their doctor.
Here's when to use virtual primary care.
Our doctors are here to provide compassionate care as often as you need it, whether that's once a year for a wellness check or more frequently to manage a health condition. You can use virtual primary care for:
Prevention & Wellness
Check in on your current health and make a personalized plan to stay healthy and strong. Your doctor will recommend screenings, answer questions, provide advice and refer you to in-person care (in your insurance network) if needed.
If you have a health condition you manage on a day-to-day basis, your virtual primary care doctor is here. Your doctor can provide care for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, allergies, PCOS and more.
Your virtual primary care doctor can diagnose and help treat depression, anxiety and more. Your treatment plan may include prescriptions and referrals* when appropriate.
Need birth control? STD screening? Have a question? Your virtual primary care doctor can help.
Referrals, Tests & More
Just like at an in-person visit, virtual primary care doctors can provide referrals, test orders, documentation and more.
What can’t virtual primary care doctors do?
While virtual primary care can address many health needs via phone or video, there are a few things our doctors cannot do virtually:
- Perform in-person procedures – but they can certainly provide referrals to in-network providers!
- Prescribe controlled substances, such as narcotics. (Under federal law, these medications require an in-person physical examination and handwritten prescription.)
Get started with virtual primary care.
Simply request a visit on the mobile app or at fshealth.com. It takes just 2 minutes to answer a few questions and choose your doctor. During your first visit, your doctor will get to know your personal and family health history, ask questions, listen to your concerns, and make recommendations for your current and future health.