BEFORE MY VISIT
Your first appointment with your doctor is a great opportunity to get to know one another. You can expect to:
- Talk about your current health concerns and goals, taking into account your personal and family health history.
- Develop a health plan, which may include screenings, specialist referrals, lifestyle recommendations and more.
- Discuss treatment options, including prescriptions when appropriate.
If you forget to ask a question or need support after your visit, our care team is only a few clicks away in our secure message center!
Instead of figuring out your driving route and printing out paperwork, we want you to focus on what’s most important: Your health! That’s why we recommend that you:
- Know your personal and family history. Your family health history can give your doctor a lot of information, so, if you can, note any members of your family who’ve experienced a serious health concern such as diabetes, heart attack, stroke or cancer.
- Have your prescription information on hand. This includes the medication name, dosage, frequency and how long you've been taking it. It might be easiest to take a photo of your medication packaging or have your prescription nearby during your appointment.
- Be ready to ask the questions on your mind. We know that the time you spend with your doctor is valuable! So, we encourage you to ask your most important questions at the beginning of your visit. This way you can spend more time focusing on what's on your mind. If you still have questions or concerns after your visit, you can schedule a follow-up visit.
If you know it’s time for a doctor’s visit but aren’t sure where to start, we’ve got your back! Your doctor will guide the conversation about your health, but you can also ask questions like...
- Is this symptom normal?
- Is it time for a screening?
- Can I get treatment for my seasonal allergies?
- Am I missing any important vaccinations?
- Can we talk about adjusting my medication?
- When should I come back for another visit?
It’s a good idea to write down any questions you want to ask so that you don’t forget during your visit.